Minnesota Economic Development
While competitive rates continue to be one of MiEnergy's greatest contributions to the economy of Southeastern Minnesota, its economic development program helps attract new businesses and expand others in rural communities. This program is focused on improving the quality of life of its member and the economic and social well being of the region.
MiEnergy has aggressively played key roles in several important development projects in Southeastern Minnesota, through financial support, energy assistance, economic development incentive rates and efficiency incentives. A small sample of this important development work, in coordination with area developers, business leaders, and our cooperative family; Dairyland Power Cooperative include:
- City of Brownsville: Community Center
- City of Caledonia: Sno Pac Foods
- City of Harmony: Incubator Building
- City of Houston: Root River Market Cooperative
- City of Spring Grove: Red's Hometown Market
- Caledonia Lodging, Caledonia
- POET biorefining, Preston
- Rivercity Manufacturing and Machining Company, Goodview
- United Packaging Inc., Peterson
- La Crescent Fire Department, La Crescent
In addition, economic development specialists assist area community leaders with a variety of other development projects and major new customer opportunities as well as securing financial assistance from other sources for projects in their communities.
MiEnergy's service area encompasses a sizable network of organizations to help businesses get off to a successful start. Once we understand your situation, we can help you by putting you in touch with the right people; those who are prepared to provide the specific kind of help you need. We will also work to network you with existing businesses to compliment your organization or supply necessary resources.
Contact us for more information about:
- USDA Rural Development Loan and Grant Programs
- MiEnergy Cooperative Revolving Loan Fund
- MiEnergy Cooperative Economic Development Loan Program
- Efficiency incentives for heating, cooling, water heating and lighting
For more information contact:
Vice President of Marketing & External Relations